The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 品牌战略调整 索菲亚借势电商平民化
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 建材行业：不畏浮云遮望眼 淡季布局正当时 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 发改委主任何立峰：正在抓紧粤港澳大湾区“1+N”的政策体系设计 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 老旧小区装电梯究竟“卡”在哪？三大难题待解决: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 韩国水泥业赤字1万亿 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 二线城市打响人才争夺战 给钱给房给户口还不够
- 上周北京新房量跌价涨 二手房成交价涨1.8%
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Recruits are expected to have a decent degree result — a 2.1 or above. While academic credentials are important, Teach First also looks for personal skills such as humility, respect and empathy. Applications to join the scheme outnumber the places available by seven to one.
- 家居建材企业央视广告投放额再度刷新 逼近7亿
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
This can involve everything from not responding to e-mails to not being aware of how you come across in an e-mail. If you have a bad habit of taking too long to check or respond to e-mails, you could miss important meetings or deadlines, cause delays or confusion, or come off as unprofessional.