The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 智能家居：三星等巨头集体亮相 价格应“接地气”
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 10月以来调控接踵而至 楼市成交量连续两月下滑 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 河南部分陶瓷产区今夏用电或面临挑战 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 二季度人才供需报告出炉 37城市平均薪酬7832元: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 新华社：融资、兼并、激励 资本市场多途径向企业注活力 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 一线城市房价预期上涨 深圳上涨指数全国第一
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- That possibility was backed up by a list of top-tier cities the statistics bureau began tracking recently
- 三大指数涨逾2% 地产板块飘红
- Elspeth Cheung, head of BrandZ valuation at Millward Brown, says: “The top 10 used to be dominated by consumer goods. This year, it’s technology.”
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Ujiri's well-timed and thoughtful moves should help reverse the Raptors' backsliding.