The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 首次置业需求缩水小户型过剩 二三线房地产失衡
- Fixed Income Securities
- 结构性回暖趋势确认 地产板块踏上估值修复之旅
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 租房淡季 成交量却涨了 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 苹果智能家居平台推出临近 3家公司分享千亿市场 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 业内人士揭秘家居建材行业坑人黑幕: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 发改委：建立集体经营性建设用地入市制度 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
For now, D'Aloisio isn't touching the money. 'I'm too young to appreciate the value of it,' he insists. 'I don't have a mortgage, I'm 17. To me, a hundred pounds is a lot. Take that as a benchmark.' Though he's not allowed to comment on Summly's sale price, when pressed he allows that he might one day like to deploy his newfound riches as an angel investor. No one around him seems to think there's a danger that the money will ruin him or that he'll be tempted to spend the rest of his life dissipating on a beach. 'He's pretty well grounded. You wouldn't believe how frugal he is,' says Diane. 'He's got a great engine,' says Lou. 'He won't stop at this.'
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 瓷制卫生产品出口分析 解读卫浴行业发展趋势
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 调控效果显现 11月百城住宅均价环比涨幅回落
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 杭州萧山高价地楼盘亏本入市 还有房企变相降价卖房
- Unlike several items on this list, artificial pancreas aren't still in some early development stage. The device very much exists and got FDA approval for sale this past September.
- 住建部对30城启动房地产专项治理 打击投机炒房、“黑中介”
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Lufax, which started four years ago has emerged as the leader due to innovative credit rating techniques.