The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 北京楼市也”厄尔尼诺”？ 个别新盘也露涨价端倪
- Fixed Income Securities
- 北京上海6月房价全线回落 热点城市新房价格多半下降
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 被误判的通体大理石瓷砖 正阔步从小众迈向大众 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 家居卖场掀起促销大战 销售业绩冰火两重天 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 若投资一套房要100年回本 你还会炒吗？: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 安置房空置暴露的“虚症” to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Turkey dance “Fire” (Fire of Anatolia)
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 今日头条年度数据：30-40岁人群最关注房子 孙宏斌等成“网红”
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 住宿保障：启动 酒店房价监测
- 亚洲市场大趋势带动新需求 2020年LED照明份额达70%
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 1. You became a LinkedIn superstar overnight。
- 衣柜企业开启独立店模式 打破传统卖场壁垒
- Market watchers were forced to digest the reality of negative 2.9% GDP for the first quarter of the year. All of a sudden, everyone’s forecasts seemed too rosy—or at least too smooth—compared to the lumpy reality. This led to a raft of second-guessing on the timing of the Fed’s eventual exit from its bond-buying stimulus program. We went from confidence to WTF? in a space of a few weeks, with all the asset class rotations and market corrections that come along with a fresh bout of uncertainty.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
The 23-year-old country music darling was awarded the honour by DoSomething.org, which released its list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2012 this week. According to the organisation, Taylor topped the list after donated $4million to the Country Hall of Fame museum.